What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, which includes name, address, email address, telephone number, and other information that identifies you. We may collect personal information from you directly or indirectly. For example, when you register for an Account, you are asked to submit your name, address, email address, telephone number, information regarding the type, price, location and features of your desired property, and other personal information. You may also voluntarily provide us personal information if you email us, inquire about a property, call us, complete an online survey, or otherwise respond to a request from us for information.
Even if you do not register with us, we may automatically collect certain information concerning your visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser information, which will allow us to track your use of the Site. Upon your return to the Site and/or subsequent registration, we will update your profile with your previous search history in order to create a more complete user profile. See section below entitled
"What are cookies and web beacons?"
We may also use a third party to help us gather and analyze information about the areas that you visit on the Site to evaluate and improve the client experience and the convenience of the Site, and to help us analyze some or all of the information that you provide to us.
How do we use the information we collect?
When we collect information from you, we may use it for a number of purposes, including to:
- Identify your search preferences so that we can notify you of property listings and other information relating to our business that might be of interest to you;
- Invite you to participate in customer research;
- Measure the advertising effectiveness of our online and other advertisements and events;
- Respond to your comments and inquiries; and
- Help us understand Site activity and improve your use of our Site.
In order for us to maintain the accuracy of your personal information and improve our communication with you, we may also combine the information we collect with other public demographic information.
This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect or maintain personal information, via the Site or otherwise, from those we actually know are children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, you should not submit any personal information to us. If you are the parent of a child under 13, please help us protect your child’s privacy by instructing them never to provide personal information on this Site or any other without your permission.
Who do we share your information with?
- Information about our customers is important to our business. We are not in the business of selling personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their commercial use. Under certain circumstances and from time to time, we may share your personal information with third parties as set forth herein.
- Owners and Sponsors. We may share your personal information with the owners and sponsors of listings on our Site if you are interested in a property. In addition, we may share your personal information with the owners and sponsors of other properties who may seek to sell or lease their properties through us.
- Promotional Offers. Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers. Your information may be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfer made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our businesses or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in corporate control.
What are cookies and web beacons?
To enhance your experience on the Site, we and some of our third party service providers use "cookies." Cookies are text files we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at our Site. However, once you choose to register with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
"Web beacons" are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons or similar technology on the Site from time to time for this and other purposes.
In addition, when you visit the Site, third party vendors and advertisers also place or read cookies on your Internet browser. This is a common practice on the Internet; these cookies may be used to determine whether you have visited other web sites, to measure the effectiveness of advertising and links on other web sites, and to provide you with information of potential interest to you, among other purposes. This is not an exhaustive list of all uses of cookies on our Site.
Most Web browsers are set up to accept cookies. You can, however, set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. In addition, cookies can be easily and safely deleted from your system. See your browser's help section for instructions. Should you choose to disable any cookies associated with the Site, you will not be able to take full advantage of all the Site’s features, but you should be able to navigate the Site without difficulty.
How do we protect your information?
We have in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect and help prevent unauthorized access and use of such data. Unfortunately, no collection or transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any such information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
You can opt out of receiving promotional email from us by following the
"unsubscribe" instructions at the bottom of any emails we may send you, by emailing us, or by following the links on our Site to remove yourself from our mailing list. Unless you open a new account, enter a contest, inquire about a property, contact us or otherwise subsequently sign up to receive newsletters, emails or personalized online advertisements, you will not receive anything further from us.
Updates and Effective Date